Friday, April 7, 2017

Draft Preview

With the draft slowly approaching, I wanted to take a look at some of the prospects I would love to see the Giants. There are a few factors I am going to focus on, in thinking about the potential prospects we should draft. The first factor is, Eli Manning is in the tail end of his career. We are in a win now mode, so all prospects that will take time to help us, I will not look at. The second one is, although we beat the Cowboys twice last year, they are not going anywhere. We need to draft people that are going to help us defeat them. With that here is my wish list.
1. Dalvin Cook - RB - Florida St Its being said that Cook, is dropping down the draft board because of injury. This is definitely a risk I would be willing to take. I watched about 10 to 12 games of Cooks career, and has been dreaming to see him in a Giants uniform for some time. After being so jealous of the Cowboys and the impact Ezekiel Elliot had this season, had me yearning for the same kind of impact. Our running game completely sucked last season. Its no secret that our O-line sucked as well, which made it tough for our backs too ever get anything going. With that being said, a lot of the failure falls on the backs simply not being able to make someone miss or read blocks. This is two things that Cook is excellent at, and not to mention he is an exceptional pass catcher with game breaking abilities. He can make our O-line look half way decent. I like Paul Perkins, I just like Cook a lot better, and the two of them could be a nice 1-2 punch.
2. Ryan Ramczyk - OT - Wisconsin Ereck Flowers stink that is not breaking news. Its just our luck that this is not a deep draft for tackles. Ramczyk is one of the best ones and comes from an offensive line factory in Wisconsin. Lets be realistic, Flowers was a top ten pick just two years ago and I dont see the Giants giving up on him yet. So if drafting Ramczyk to play Right Tackle over Hart, than I wouldnt mind it. Somehow, someway Eli needs better protection in order to get our recievers the ball. I hate drafting offensive lineman in the first round, but look how it worked out for the Cowboys. Other possible picks: David Njoku-TE-Miami Cam Robinson-OT-Alabama Zach Cunningham-LB-Vanderbilt Christian McCaffrey-RB-Stanford

1 comment:

  1. Both positions are important but I think the offensive lineman is needed more than a running back. Always down for another hurricane on the team

    ReplyDelete